Wednesday 22 January 2014

Tag: The blogger made me buy it

I love seeing various tags on blogs, so when Georgina tagged me to do this one, I started typing straight away!

1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?

Vivianna and Lily Pebbles are two of my favourite bloggers. They blog about amazing products and most of them are added to my wishlist! Alix is also another influential blogger as her reviews are amazing.


2. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?

If one of my favourite bloggers writes a brilliant review about something, that product will usually be added to my wishlist. I will then google more reviews to check it's something I would like.


3. What is your favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

Probably my Nars blush in Deep Throat. It is fairly expensive for a blush, so I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for other bloggers saying how nice it is. I absolutely love this and it is definitely my favourite blush I own.

4. What is your least favourite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?

There are not many products I own that I dislike, thankfully! I don't like the Revlon Just Bitten stain and balm. I have one which I never wear, the texture isn't nice and it fades in patches. I like the balms that look like Chubby Sticks though!
 

5. Name 5 products you have bought recently as a result of blog. 

Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, Clarins Exfoliator Brightening toner, Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, L'Oreal Eau De Teint foundation and Mac Patisserie lipstick.

6. Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, which hype?


Definitely the Naked 3 palette. I absolutely love it and the eye-shadows are gorgeous, however I don't wear eye-shadows on a regular basis, so I didn't really need a third palette! It was just popping up everywhere and I couldn't resist the rose gold.
 
7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?


There seems to be a big hype around Oribe, especially their dry texturizing spray. I feel one day I may not be able to resist anymore, however for now, I have been good and haven't given in!


8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?

Most things I find out about through blogs. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't know half of the products I own even existed! I do buy things without reviews though. The other week I was in Boots and I saw the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara. I had never even heard of it but it looked nice, so I bought it.

If you do this tag, please link it below so I can read it.



3 comments:

  1. Definitely need to give this tag a go!
    I agree with the majority of your answers.
    I'm currently lusting after the Naked 3 Palette and I think I may have to give in and buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famous last words. lol. I am always buying stuff because bloggers suggested it!

    New follower love your blog!

    We have a Beauty & Fashion group of over 300 bloggers if you want to join!


    xo, The Beauty Blogger Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is so good, I'm sure so many of us can relate to these, if not all of the questions.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x