Friday 17 January 2014

New makeup editions: Face




I posted my Everyday Makeup routine last week and thought I would go into more detail on some of the new editions to my makeup collection.

The Rimmel Match Perfection foundation is a new foundation to me and I love it. The colour, Light Porcelain, is a perfect match for my skin. It feels very lightweight and provides slightly buildable coverage. Once applied, this just leaves my skin looking natural and even, with a slight glow.

I posted a comparison of the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint concealer and my Bobbi Brown Corrector last week which you may be interested in. I really like using creamy concealers under my eyes and this one from Seventeen is amazing. It covers any discolouration perfectly, whilst not being too thick, heavy or creasing. I find it blends very well and stays put all day! Someone told me they use this on blemishes, so I may give that a go. I don't know if anything could beat my beloved Collection Lasting Perfection concealer though!


The Max Factor Crème Puff powder has a lovely scent to it. If you don't like scented products then you may not like this, as I find it is quite powerful. The shade I have is translucent, however I find it does have a bit of colour to it and if I put a lot on, it looks too dark. This controls my oily nose well without leaving my skin looking matte and dull. I don't like using a powder that's going to make my skin look dull, as I love the radiant finish my foundation provides.

My final new edition is the Clarins Face and Blush powder. The colours in this are gorgeous and together create a natural glow to the skin. There is a gold strip of glitter on this, however after a couple of uses it completely goes. I love focusing this on my cheeks and then bringing it onto my forehead and nose with a big fluffy brush.


7 comments:

  1. The Clarins blush looks beautiful!
    I own one of them but I feel like branching out in some bronzed or pinky colours.
    Great post:)

    Please check out my beauty blog nailsandteapots.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty does the Clarins Face and Blush Powder look! Clarins always produce such beautiful looking products.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Clarins blush! :O I may just need it in my life... Also, I always worry about Seventeen, are they a good range of products?

    Lara
    xx

    lookslikelara.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products don't appeal to me massively but this concealer is very good :) I would definitely recommend it x

      Delete
  4. had a look at the bobbi brown concealer comparison and i really want to pick up that 17 concealer now! you're the same shade as me in the match perfection foundation, do the concealer shades run light enough? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the concealer looked a little dark at first, however once it's been blended in it is absolutely fine :) x

      Delete
  5. The Rimmel Match Perfection is by far my favourite foundation in my collection! I don't think it's hyped enough!

    Samantha
    sjmcdf xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x