Sunday 12 January 2014

Comparison: Under-eye concealers


You may know that the Bobbi Brown Corrector has been a favourite of mine for a while now. I used to use it everyday and I found it covered any under-eye discolouration perfectly. I hardly have any left though, so instead of splashing out on a new one for £18.50, I thought I would try and find a slightly cheaper alternative!

I read a blog post mentioning the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint concealer and decided to give it a go. I really like creamy concealers like this that are in a pot, so this seemed a great option.


The main difference between these is the colour. The top swatch is the Seventeen concealer in fair, and the bottom is the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Peach. The Seventeen one is obviously a bit darker, however I didn't notice that until I swatched them for this photo. Once blended under my eyes, both are a perfect colour match for me!

The texture of both products is creamy and neither are too heavy or thick, despite the Seventeen one being called 'paint' and 'heavy duty'! The Bobbi Brown one is a corrector rather than a concealer, however I find they both provide enough coverage to be used on their own. The Seventeen one does provide a little bit more coverage, but not a lot more.

I think from now on I wont be repurchasing the Bobbi Brown Corrector because the Seventeen concealer is only £5.49 and in my opinion, just as good!


13 comments:

  1. I have the Seventeen one and love it, the packaging is so cute!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, really helpful thank you! I've still never tried anything by Seventeen but think I need to get myself some bits x

    Claire | AgentSmyth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to buy this, now I definitely want to try it!!

    Adele-Marie xx

    http://beautyobsessedgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the seventeen concealer because I've heard such good things about it, but it looks a little dark for me :( is that the lightest colour? How's it do with creasing?

    Katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know it's the palest shade :) I am very pale though and once blended, it looks fine on me! It doesn't crease if I set it with a powder x

      Delete
  5. I really like the coverage that the 17 concealer gives, but I find it settles into lines after a while!

    Chloe - Very Lovely Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing the Seventeen concealer in Boots and I'm always really tempted to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love when I can find something cheaper and the quality is just the same. They sound lovely and I have been loving under eye concealers.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Seventeen one for blemishes, I find it way too heavy for under my eyes.
    CatrinTeleri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this and on my dry skin it looks heavy and caky :( x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I have Bobbi Brown Concealer and I love it!

    I´m following you now. Would you like to follow my blog and follow me back?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll bear this in mind as I have thought about buying the Bobbi Brown Corrector, the price does put me off though, especially now I've read this as it looks as though there is an alternative.
    Amy x A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was an interesting post for me, because I'm also a fan of the Bobbi Brown concealer. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x