Monday 24 June 2013

Guest Post: Top 5 Summer Lip Products


Hello Everyone!

My name is Danielle and I write a beauty blog called The Imperfect Beauty. I am so excited to be guest-blogging for the ever-so lovely Becky today! I wanted to share with you my top 5 lip products for the Summer. I am a massive fan of lip products in general and it was quite a task to whittle it down to just 5 but I hope you like my picks!

No.7 BB Lips - Blush Coral
I'm not normally a big fan of lip glosses but when I picked this up on a whim a couple of weeks ago, I fell in love! It's not sticky whatsoever on the lips which is a massive selling point for me because I hate the feeling of tacky, sticky lips. It gives a nice sheer wash of colour on the lips which is nice for a sunny day as it's not too heavy!

YSL Rouge Volupte - Peach Passion
Can you tell I'm going through a Coral phase at the moment? My boyfriend very kindly bought this for me a while ago, and even though I am trying to save it for special occasions I just can't resist and have been wearing it quite a lot recently. It is a gorgeous peachy-coral shade and I don't think I've seen another colour like it. I love this paired with my BB Lips from No.7!

MAC - Lady Danger
I swear after this one I will stop with the Orange colours! I think this is my all time favourite MAC lipstick. Perfect for a Summer night out, it is still a gorgeous statement colour but it is a nice variation on the classic Red lip that everyone seems to love. I think this is a lipstick that would look good on so many different skin tones and I would recommend you go and have a look at it next time you're at MAC!

MAC - Chatterbox
The most recent edition to my MAC collection and one I have found myself reaching for quite a lot throughout the Sunnier days. It is a gorgeous deep pink but I still consider it very wearable for everyday. It is an amplified finish so the colour you see is the colour you get on your lips. I love this paired with Well Dressed blush from MAC for an everyday look!

Revlon Lip Butter - Lollipop
And for the days where I'm not feeling in the mood for a lipstick but I still want some colour on my lips I have been reaching for Lollipop! I love the formulas of the Revlon Lip Butters, they are so lightweight on the lips but still moisturising while giving your lips some colour. Lollipop is a gorgeous fuchsia pink which can be lightly applied for a wash of colour or built up to be more a opaque colour!

So there you have it, those are my top five lip products for the Summer months! I hope you enjoyed!


12 comments:

  1. You have some lovely shades there hun xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAC Lady Danger looks stunning! Lovely post :-)

    Check out my blog!

    http://yourbrunetteguru.blogspot.co.uk/

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lip products are gorgeous! I really want YSL's lipstick in Peach Passion and MAC's lipstick in Lady Danger! :)

    Alicekatex :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danielle great post, I've been eying both MAC Chatter Box and Revlon Lollipop lip butter for some time now so I'm happy to see them in you top 5. C:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Revlon Lip Butters, great consistency for summer :) Lollipop is gorgeous :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chatterbox is one of my favorite pinks! It's bright but not obnoxiously so. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, I love the lip butters Wild Watermelon is my favourite shade x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! I didn't know No 7 had lip products! Thats so cool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, ive been wanting to purchase the ysl lipstick in peach passion for ages now! Your making me wanna buy it even more haha
    thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your choice of YSL peach passion and MAC Chatterbox.

    Kah-Feh Yen

    ReplyDelete
  11. The YSL Peach Passion lipstick looks like such a lovely colour for the summer time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x