Thursday 20 June 2013

Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer

Hello! If you read my Benefit Stay Flawless Event post the other week, you will know that I was very kindly given a full size Stay Flawless Primer*, so I thought I would review it for you!


Benefit describe this primer as a makeup magnet to lock onto foundation for 15 hours. It comes in a stick which you are meant to apply directly onto your face - I wasn't sure I liked the idea of that at first but it is actually quite nice to apply! I just sweep a little onto my face and then blend it with my fingers. It feels so refreshing and light on the skin which makes it so easy to apply and blend!

I then apply my foundation immediately over the top. I can definitely tell a difference between applying foundation over this compared to my regular Laura Mercier primer. I can feel my foundation almost sticking onto this primer which makes it a little more difficult to blend, but not much! I like to spend a while buffing my foundation in and I can't spend as long when I use this primer as my foundation sets quicker. I have been using my YSL Touche Eclat foundation recently with this and I do feel it looks a little thicker and heavier as it dries so quickly onto the primer, but it's definitely not too bad!


This primer definitely helps my makeup last longer! I still use a setting spray and powder as this primer doesn't help with oily skin at all, however it really helps keep my makeup on! By the end of the day my face does look shiny but my makeup has not budged at all which I am really impressed about. 

I would definitely recommend this! Even though it makes applying foundation a little more difficult, it's not enough to worry about and it really makes up for it by keeping my foundation on all day! I honestly don't think this is something I would have bought myself as I didn't like the idea of it being in a stick, however I really do like it now.

The Benefit primer is available here for £24.50. It isn't released onto counters until June 29th!

I would love to know what you think of this!



27 comments:

  1. lovely post! I'm always looking for something to help make my foundation to last longer! Think I might give this a try :)

    http://nowisbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. omggggg i wanna buy this so bad!!! but its not available where i live yet :(
    i wonder how much is it when its available here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope you like it when you get to try it! :) x

      Delete
  3. Hmm the stick idea is a little off putting, shame they can't whack it into a tube! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I agree! It really put me off using it but it's actually nice to use :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've been reading so many reviews on this... I can't quite make up my mind whether to go for it or not though! xx

    D Is For...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works really well for me so I would definitely recommend it! Maybe try it first once it's on counters :) xx

      Delete
  5. I am going out to buy this today :) looks amazing!

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This product looks amazing! Will be picking this up from duty free before my holiday this summer:)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so great :) Ooh that's a good idea! x

      Delete
  7. This product looks really cool and interesting! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a new primer so will be investing i think!!! Please check out my fashion blog www.rachelspick.wordpress.com hope you like it as much as i like yours!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I would definitely recommend this! I hope you like it :) x

      Delete
  9. This looks amazing! Great review! I want it now!

    http://reemz-petitebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wanna buy this! great review!

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive heard so many great things about this primer, not sure what I think of the stick form though :/ I always use a setting spay too, damn oily skin ay. Great review & pics Hun.
    Megan xx

    www.maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure at all about the stick either but I like it now :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  12. I actually got this for free at work the other day!! can't wait to try it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's lucky! I hope you like it :) x

      Delete
  13. Iv been desperate to try this for a while now thanks for the review.

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh this sounds interesting, cant wait until comes out into stores so i can have go and swatch it and test it out :p
    lovely post! http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sp excited to try this primer.. Hopefully my Ulta will get on their game and stock up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x