Thursday 27 June 2013

Guest Post: Festival Essentials


Hello everyone, my names Rebecca and I’m being a guest blogger for Becky whilst she is away on her holidays (lucky!). So as festival season is well upon us, I thought I’d show you my festival essentials that I shall be taking along with me in August to Leeds Fest!

Baby Wipes
Do these really need an explanation? 3-4 days without showering, plus the possibility of getting covered in mud and god knows what else (I don’t want to know what you naughty lot get up to!) so your body won’t exactly be smelling as fresh as a daisy. These will quickly freshen you up and keep you clean!

Sun Cream
The British weather isn’t very reliable, it could be raining one day and be 25 degrees the next, but to stay safe take some sun cream so that if the sun rears its head, you won’t get burnt!

Dry Shampoo
If your hair is anything like mine it starts to look like you could fry an egg on it after two days of not washing it, so dry shampoo is a must! Spray some at the roots and massage it in to add some life back into it.

Deodorant
No-one wants to be a sweaty betty and with all the dancing and singing along you will get done, you are 100% guaranteed to get sweaty. Use it to fight against those unsightly (and stinky) sweat patches!

Hand Sanitizer
You really don’t know what you’re going to be touching at a festival and so I always keep stocked up on anti-bacterial hand sanitizer to use after those not-so-nice portaloo trips.

Collection 2000 Concealer
If there’s one thing I hate it’s my dark circles under my eyes; add in a lot of heavy drinking and lack of sleep and you’re bound to end up looking like something from the Walking Dead. No-one wants a full face of makeup for a festival, but a dab of this under your eyes and on any spots will make your appearance much brighter!

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara
Mascara is another essential for me, my eyes just don’t look normal without it! But if you are taking it to a festival, make sure you take a non-waterproof version! It’s bad enough to take off at home with micellar water, imagine it with just a wet wipe! *shudders*

MAC Viva Glam Nicki
A bright lipstick can completely change your makeup and so even on days with minimal makeup, a slick of it on will boost your appearance! You may prefer a red lipstick, but as I currently don’t own one (any suggestions?) this fluorescent pinky/coral shade will work perfectly.

Korres Lip Butter
If you can’t be bothered fiddling with a lipstick, these lip butters are the perfect option to give a bit of moisture and gloss to your lips whilst the added SPF protects them. One swipe on and you’re ready to go!


Floral Crown/Headband
Move over wellies, these are literally the festival must have item this year! Seen on everyone from Lana Del Rey to Pixie Lott, pop one on over wavy hair for the ultimate festival hairdo. This one was only £3 from Primark too!

Sunglasses
Fairly obvious, you need something to protect your eyes from the sun and help you see your favourite artist better!

Small Purse
True story: last year my friend left all of her money, around £80, in her tent, thinking that no-one would go in to steal and what happened? Yep, the lot was taken. Moral of the story - keep your money with you all the time! Put it in a small purse like this and keep it in your pockets, so there’s a less chance of it being stolen or you losing it.

An Old Camera/Phone
Obviously we want to take photos with friends and of the acts we see, but take your new DSLR or iPhone 5 and you may as well kiss it goodbye. Buy a basic £10 phone from Tesco and take an old camera that you wouldn’t miss if it got lost with you and you’re good to go.

So those are my festival essentials, I hope you enjoyed this post! Rebecca xx

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm going to Leeds fest too - my first festival ever! So I've been looking for inspiration on what to take with me. You've given me some nice ideas, thanks!

    cllrs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like red lipsticks that would be great for festivals, I encourage you to try the Ruby Woo by Mac. It's a very nice bright matte red lipstick that feels amazing and looks even better! x

    Zoe // The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post (: I love the little purse and head band, so cute (:

    http://laurathroughthelens.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x