Tuesday 28 August 2012

August Favourites!

I have been doing quite a lot of shopping lately meaning that this month I have quite a lot of new favourites. I'm not going to ramble too much about each product otherwise this post will be really long!


Let's start with skincare! 

My first favourite is the Caudalie Beauty Elixir which I have reviewed here. This is a refreshing facial mist that has lots of benefits for the skin. It smells absolutely amazing and just makes my skin look and feel very refreshed, smooth and glowing.

Alpha H liquid gold has been my saviour product and I have a review here. This is the main product that has really really helped my skin. If I have a blemish, I know that within one use of this the blemish will be smaller and then one or two more and it will be gone! My skin is now looking a lot clearer, even and healthy.

Alpha H has helped my skin look a lot clearer which has meant I don't feel the need for high coverage foundation. So I went to Harvey Nichols and bought myself the Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser! I am going to be posting a full review of this soon. I love this tinted moisturiser - it looks very natural and my skin looks healthy and radiant.


My newest purchase is a Mac blush in Melba. This is a gorgeous matte coral peach. I have never used a blusher than compliments my skin tone as much as this one! It makes me look slightly tanned whilst also adding a lovely wash of peach to my cheeks.

If you read my blog a lot, it may not be too much of a surprise that I love Essie nail polishes. I am thinking of doing a Essie nail polish collection post soon so please let me know in the comments if you would like that! I received Mint Candy Apple as a birthday gift and I love it! All the Essie nail polishes I own in general are a favourite of mine though!

Lastly is a fragrance and it is Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice. This is the best smelling perfume I have ever owned! I had this last Christmas as a gift and as soon as I ran out a couple of months I bought another one. Ylang ylang is the heart note (I had to Google this - it's a plant!), black rose is the top note and carnal violet is the base note. This perfume smells absolutely incredible. It lasts all day on me as well which is a bonus. It smells pretty much just as strong at the end of the day as it does at the start!


Those are all of my favourites for August! Have you tried any of these products? I would love to know your opinions on them! Also let me know if you would like an Essie collection post!




Have you entered my 100 followers giveaway yet? If not you can enter here!

14 comments:

  1. i have wanted mac melba for absolutely ages!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I would definitely recommend it :) x

      Delete
  2. I use that tinted moisturizer also and I really love it! Great post! xx
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  3. really want the tinted moisturiser! The perfume sounds yummy, and I love the nail polish! So yeah, I basically want everything from your list! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! The perfume is so gorgeous - I would definitely recommend smelling it! Haha :) x

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Naughty Alice Westwood perfume! :)

    I'm currently holding a giveaway to win make up, nail wraps and jewellery if you're interested!
    Floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have featured 2 of my fav skincare products of all time there - Caudalie beauty elixir and Alpha H!!!!!!!

    I'm a new follower from bloglovetherapy blog hop and adore your blog, I'd love if you stop by my blog and say hello :)

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both so amazing! I'm glad you like them too :) Thank you x

      Delete
  6. I like this post is very informative. I must say your blog is fab and i will definately follow. Hope u come by my blog soon and hopefully follow.
    take care

    K xx


    butterflymee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that means a lot! :) x

      Delete
  7. I think an Essie collection would be a really good idea, found myself staring at the Essie stand today not having a clue which to choose cause all I'd heard about was Fiji and Mint Candy Apple and they were both out of stock, would be fab to see some more recommendations :)

    Only just started reading your blog but I love the way you write :) so I'm spending my evening reading pretty much the whole blog now lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay that's great. I will post one up soon :) thank you so much! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x