Sunday 17 June 2012

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer


Since I started reading beauty blogs I have heard lots of hype around the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. I wanted to try it for ages but honestly wasn't sure which formula of the primer to get. They do the regular foundation primer, an oil-free primer, hydrating primer, mineral primer and radiance primer. I decided to get the original foundation primer because I thought that would be best for my skin. Unfortunately I don't live very near to a Laura Mercier counter so I ordered this online from John Lewis and I was so excited when it arrived. Laura Mercier describes this as a lightweight, creamy gel consistency that is good for normal or combination skin and leaves make up looking fresh all day. 

I have had this product for just over 2 months now so I thought it was about time I told you all what I think of it. This product feels so lovely on the skin - it's very light, creamy and makes my skin feel amazingly silky and smooth. When I apply my foundation over the top it blends really easily onto my skin but at the same time it feels like it's really clinging onto the primer which makes it last perfectly all day. I tend to get slightly oily around my nose and chin so that is where I had to re apply make up during the day as it tended not to last as well. When I use this however, my make up lasts all day and still looks perfect at the end of the day as if I have only just applied it! I still powder my nose just to help stop it looking too oily but I don't have to powder anywhere else. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out because I really think it is amazing - I apply my make up in the morning and then I know I don't have to touch it up or re apply it at all during the day anymore.




Have you tried this primer? What is your favourite makeup item you cannot live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x