Tuesday 8 May 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee


I popped in to Boots the other day and I had a £3 off Revlon voucher, so I decided to buy my first Revlon lip butter! I have heard lots of good things about these and I have swatched them on numerous occasions, but for some reason I just never bought any, until now! I think the formula is really lovely - it is so creamy and moisturising whilst also being quite pigmented.


The colour I decided to buy was Creme Brulee and when I tried this on when I got home, I didn't like it. I applied quite a lot because I wasn't expecting it to be very pigmented and it just made my lips look brown. However, when I applied less it actually looks really nice. You don't need much of this and it just leaves a lovely nude, glossy colour on the lips which I really like. It's quite subtle and natural. The colour is slightly more brown then I usually like, but I just apply a small amount so it's not too pigmented.


I know the Revlon lip butter and L'Oreal rouge caresse lipstick get compared to each other so if you want to read what I think about the L'Oreal rouge caresse lipsticks, I have a blog post here.


My only negative about these lip butters if they don't last very long on the lips. They are very creamy which means they come off quite quickly and I find I need to reapply this quite regularly.


Have you found a perfect nude lipstick? Do you prefer Revlon lip butters or L'Oreal rouge caresse lipstick?

2 comments:

  1. this is my fave one - i love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. I want to try some different colours as well!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x