Wednesday 9 May 2012

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

I bought the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation last year after hearing really good reviews about it. It was the first Chanel foundation that I had ever bought. It was also the first high end foundation I had ever bought. 




I would say the coverage of this foundation is light to medium. If you build it to a medium coverage, it still looks really natural. Chanel say this foundation looks like a "second-skin" which I completely agree with. It manages to even out my skin tone and make my skin look flawless whilst still looking like I have no foundation on. I occasionally get a few dry patches on my cheeks which some foundations cling to but this one doesn't. It is quite watery and light which I really like as I find it is easier to blend and means it looks more natural. Because it is water based you have to shake it before each use, to mix it all together and stop water from just coming out. The finish of this is quite dewy and glowy. I get slightly oily around my nose and chin, so I can be a bit sceptical about using dewy foundations, however this one looks great. I always use a primer and set my foundation with powder and this foundation lasts the whole day on me. I never need to touch it up during the day at all. 
The packaging of this foundation is quite nice. It is plastic, not glass like other Chanel foundations which makes it more compact and easier to travel with, however it doesn't feel as luxurious. It is a squeezy bottle rather then a pump which I actually prefer.


The only negative is the shade range. There are only 9 shades which isn't many so I would recommend having a look and getting colour matched before you think about buying this. This foundation is available from most department stores for £31.


There is a compact version of the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation that has just come out which I am considering trying. Have you tried the compact version? Have you tried any Chanel foundations? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x