Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas party outfit 2013

Christmas is my favourite time of year, so I thought I'd do another Christmas party outfit post like last year!

My work decided to go for a meal and disco this year for Christmas which was lovely and my boyfriend came along with me! The meal was delicious and the disco was so fun, it was a great evening.
 
I am planning on posting a separate, more in-depth post on my makeup, hair and nails for the Christmas party, so please let me know if that is something you would like to see!

Discos usually get quite warm, so I decided to go for a top and jacket rather than a jumper, therefore if I got too hot I could take my jacket off! My top is from Monki which I bought about a year ago now. It's really lightweight and floaty which I like.

My jacket is from Primark and I really like it. I think it looks like a casual blazer which was perfect for the meal. The colours went well with my top and it kept me nice and warm.

I decided to pair this all with my velvet skater skirt from Topshop. This is exactly the same skirt I wore to my Christmas party last year! I think velvet is quite festive and the skirt is very comfy to wear.


It was really cold outside so I decided to wear black tights. I was going to wear nude but they were so thin, whereas my black ones are warm and thick!

For shoes I went for my nude patent Kurt Geiger heels. I like wearing these for meals as they are low enough for me to walk in and I think they look smart and nice. I don't think black tights and nude shoes always look that good together but I was too cold for nude tights!

Finally for jewellery I wore my everyday bracelets and my little owl necklace. I don't wear necklaces very often but I think this one is really cute and dainty. I also took a little black clutch bag which I forgot to photograph!
 
I hope you are all having a wonderful day and are looking forward to Christmas tomorrow! I will post my Christmas day outfit soon. Let me know if you went to a Christmas party and what you wore, as I'd love to know.


3 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x