Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas party makeup, hair & nails

I recently posted my Christmas party outfit and mentioned that I was going to post an accompanying makeup, hair and nails post. On a daily basis I tend to keep my makeup very natural, so I like making it a little more special when I go out for events.



Makeup

For foundation I went for my Bobbi Brown Longwear foundation because I knew this one would stay put all night. This is the only foundation that I apply with a traditional foundation brush, as I find it works a lot better than a buffing brush. I then used my Bobbi Brown Corrector underneath my eyes and my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on any redness and blemishes.

I set this all with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. I love this powder, especially when my makeup needs to last a while. I then dusted some of the Hourglass Ambient powder all over my skin. I don't like my face to be too matte, however my skin does get very oily so I find the best combination for me is to control the oil with a matte powder, then add some radiance powder to brighten my skin and stop it looking too matte.

To add some colour to my face, I buffed in some Dior Nude Tan Bronzer and applied a little bit of Nars Deep Throat blush on the apples of my cheeks.

Eye shadow is something I don't wear on an everyday basis, but when it comes to parties and meals, I always rely on my Mac eye shadows and an Urban Decay Naked palette. I wore Mac Bare Study paint pot and Mac Naked Lunch all over my lid. I then added some Woodwinked to the outer corner, crease and a little bit on my lower lash line.

To add a little definition to my upper lash line, I used my L'Oreal Superliner. Sometimes I prefer to use a black eye shadow as it's a little softer, however I decided to go for a liquid liner as it adds more definition and I felt it may last longer without smudging.

As there was a disco and it may get warm, I decided to wear a waterproof mascara to prevent any smudging. I only own one which is my Max Factor Clump Defy. I wear this very regularly anyway as it separates, lengthens and thickens my lashes.

I like my eyebrows to be defined, but I didn't want them too dark as my eyes and lips were darker than I usually go for. I used my Mac Charcoal Brown eye shadow through them and then set them with my new Maybelline Browdrama which I really like, as it defines my eyebrows without being too noticeable and full on.

I decided to wear a lip-gloss rather than a lipstick, so I went for Barry M Coral. I like this lip-gloss as it's very glossy and not sticky at all.



Hair


I don't really do a lot with my hair on a daily basis but I like making more of an effort for events. I washed and dried my hair in the morning and then before the meal in the evening, I used my Cloud Nine straighteners to straighten my hair, adding a little curl at the ends.

Nails


For my nails I wore my Deborah Lippmann 'Across the Universe' nail polish. I wore this over the top of Barry M 'Navy' as I don't find it opaque enough on it's own. I like wearing my Deborah Lippmann nail polish at Christmas as I think it looks really festive!


5 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x