Saturday 30 March 2013

My Favourite Lip Balms

Hello! I hope you have all had a lovely week and are ready to stuff your faces with Easter eggs! Yay. Today I thought I would show you my top five lip balms because I have been trying out a couple of new ones lately.

My lips are quite dry so I love using lip balms. You probably know, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balm has been my favourite for a very long time but it is fairly pricey, so I have been on the look out for some amazing, cheaper options!


I have the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour lip balm and Eight Hour cream which are both amazing! I use the lip balm in the mornings and I also keep one in my handbag. I never usually have to reapply throughout the day though as this keeps my lips incredibly hydrated!

The Eight Hour cream sits on my bedside table and I use it before I go to bed. It's a lovely cream because it can be used on any dry areas on the body! I love using this on my lips before bed as it leaves them so soft, however it does leave a thick, greasy residue across the lips so I wouldn't use it in the daytime. 


I am on about my fifth lip balm and I am just about to run out! These lip balms have been my favourite for a very long time and they are just incredible. I do actually have the fragrance free cream as well and I have to say, it is not the same at all as the original one! The texture is horrible and it literally does nothing to my lips. Let me know if you have tried the fragrance free one as I would love to know what you think!


Moving onto my newest purchases and possibly my new favourites, NUXE! I bought the tub from Space NK and absolutely fell in love with the product, so my mum bought herself and I the stick version of it too! I use the lip balm stick every single morning and the tub every single evening - they have taken over from my Elizabeth Arden ones. 

When I use the Elizabeth Arden lip balm, I only need to apply it in the morning and my lips stay soft all day. This one I do need to reapply once or twice throughout the day but I don't mind as I much prefer the product! It smells incredible and the texture is lovely to apply!


I would highly recommend these lip balms! The stick is fab to apply before lipstick because it soaks in so well! The tub lip balm is lovely to apply before bedtime and I do apply it sometimes in the morning too as it's not greasy. The texture almost melts into an oil and hydrates my lips amazingly well. It's very creamy and soft, not at all heavy.


Lastly, this is the best scented lip balm EVER! Chocolate and peppermint, yum. This adds a lovely gloss on the lips so I love using this when I am not going to use any lipstick. The other lip balms are better for when my lips are very dry, however this is amazing at moisturising and hydrating my lips throughout the day if they feel slightly dry.


I would highly recommend any of these lip balms as all five are my favourites! Nuxe is definitely my favourite lip balm out of them all! The Elizabeth Arden ones are fantastic for a luxury lip balm that will heal even the driest lips! Lastly, the Palmers Cocoa one is just a gorgeous little one for your handbag that will leave your lips looking glossy and fantastic!

Have you tried any of these lip balms? I would absolutely love to know any recommendation you have for me!

47 comments:

  1. I've heard loads of great things about the Palmers lip butter and im dying to try it out! x

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! It's great as a little pick me up for dry lips to make them glossy and soft! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, every single one of them sounds amazing! I'm only using the Burt's Bees one with Pommegranate but I will take a look at that NUXE RĂªve de Miel lip balm for sure as I heard the best things about it. :)

    Lovely post!! xx

    beckythewallflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Nuxe is my favourite! Let me know if you try it :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Becky,

    I'm the same in terms of dry lips and the only one I use is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour, it's just the only one I've ever come across to sooth my lips, however I will give the ones you have mentioned a good go as the one I'm using is super expensive especially for a lip balm, although it is really good it would be nice to be able to buy a few things for the price of the one balm.

    Thank you so much for your recommendations.
    Lots of love doll.
    Jayde-Paris
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt! My lips are so dry and I kept repurchasing 8 hour as it was the only one that worked! I'm so glad I have found cheaper alternatives now that I prefer :) You are welcome and I am glad I have helped xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh some fab choices here Hun... I've only ever heard good things about the Elizabeth Arden one xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you love it too! It's fab :) xx

      Delete
  6. I have heard so many great things about the Nuxe lipbalm. I am definitely going to buy it when I have cut down my lipbalm collection a bit :) xo

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! The Nuxe ones are my favourite and so reasonably priced too :) xx

      Delete
  7. Haven't tried the NUXE lip balm but I love their dry oil it's amazing - would love to get this one. Also the cocoa butter lip balms really do smell amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I think I have tried their oil in the gold colour! It smelt amazing! Let me know which one you try :) xx

      Delete
  8. Awesome choices; I LOVE Palmer's lip butter, smells so good!

    ♥ Filthy Fashion ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Ooh it smells so incredible! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely products hun! I adore Elizabeth Arden's one; it works wonders doesn't it! :) I need to check out the Palmers Cocoa one, it's sounds so yummy haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes it really does! It literally softens my lips even at their driest! Its a wonder product :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love the Nuxe reve de miel and the elizabeth arden 8 hour cream.. I have them both!!

    recently I accidentally deleted half my blog posts which were almost a years worth however I managed to regain them but without the comments :( so would you be able to check out my blog?! thankyou!

    alicekatex.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you love them too :) They are lovely xx

      Delete
  11. These all sound amazing. I have terribly dry lips almost constantly, I'll definitely be trying these! x
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend any of these then! My lips are very dry and the Elizabeth Arden one probably works best to instantly soften them but the Nuxe one is my favourite :) xx

      Delete
  12. I love the Nuxe lip balms, may have to give the Palmers one a look at. It sounds yummy! x

    srslylou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells delicious! I hope you love it too xx

      Delete
  13. I haven't tried any of these but I'll probably try a Nuxe one soon enough. The L'Occitane shea butter lip balms are amazingly hydrating. Desert rose is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any L'Occitane lip balms! I will definitely have a look at those - shea butter is amazing :) Thank you xx

      Delete
  14. the nuxe ones are so lovely. but it really love the nivea lip butters too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the new Nivea pots are really good so I may try one of those! :) xx

      Delete
  15. I love the Palmers it's so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Nuxe one is without a doubt my all time favourite lip balm, Im almost out of mine but I'm definitely going to repurchase :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic! I'm so glad you love it too :) xx

      Delete
  17. Hiya, i love your blog, it's amazing! I have tagged you in the Influences of internet TAG!
    Please read mine:
    http://boysbracesandbowties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/influences-of-internet-tag.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! That's so kind :) I will have a look later :) xx

      Delete
  18. I love your Nuxe review! I always just look at their products, I think it's time I try some. :)

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay you should! Let me know if you get one :) xx

      Delete
  19. Lovely blog! :)

    I quite like the Cocoa Butter Lip Balm, it is gorgeous! Also LOVE Blistex Relief cream as it sinks into my lips so can easily layer lipstick over it.

    Halima

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooh the Palmers Cocoa one is gorgeous :) I love it! Ahh Blistex doesn't work for me at all - such a shame! xx

      Delete
  20. Love your blog so much.... It be great if we follow each other!!
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely think I'll be trying the NUXE lip balm. I'm always trying out new lip balms.

    xx

    www.fashitupandtalkitout.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying out lip balms! This is the best :) xx

      Delete
  22. I nominated you for the versatile blogger award! I would love it if you did it!
    www.buttonsandliptick.blogspot.com, all the info is on my blog! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you lovely! I will have a look now :) xx

      Delete
  23. I never expected the eight hour cream product to look like that out of the tube, looks more like an oil.
    Really want to try the Nuxe lip stuff, I love the brand and have a couple of bits of skin care from them already.
    The dark chocolate and peppermint sounds so tasty but I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate haha.

    Sally x
    Rainydayfaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does actually! It's a very oily, gel like texture :) Ahh it smells and tastes amazing! I would definitely recommend trying it! It's not that expensive :) xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x