Tuesday 17 April 2012

Brightening Concealers

Brightening under eye concealers are a great way to look radiant and awake and I have been trying out two of these concealers - Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer and L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter Concealer.


The formula of the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer is very light and thin. It is nice to use under the eye as the coverage is just right for me - it is enough to conceal any slight redness or dark circles, but it isn't too much so that it is cakey or thick and it doesn't crease. The concealer has a brush applicator and I use this to apply the concealer under the eye and then I use a brush or my finger to blend it in.




The Rimmel concealer is quite thick and I would say it is more coverage than the L'Oreal concealer. I do find it to be slightly too thick for me though, as it tends to crease slightly. There is a brush applicator the same as with the L'Oreal concealer and I apply it in the same way. 




The L'Oreal concealer is in the shade Medium and the Rimmel concealer is in the shade Ivory.


Left - L'Oreal Lumi Magique Concealer
Right - Rimmel Match perfection Concealer


As you can see, the Rimmel concealer is a lot more yellow toned than the L'Oreal one so I don't think it looks as brightening. I have been using the Rimmel concealer for quite a lot longer than the L'Oreal one and I never realised how yellow it looked until I compared them both!


If you are looking for a concealer to cover any discolouration and dark circles then I think the Rimmel one has better coverage, however if you are looking purely for one to brighten and highlight, then I recommend trying the L'Oreal one.
Have you tried any brightening concealers? And would you recommend any?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comment. I read them all and they make me smile! x